- Create a new GPO and link it under the OU that the user is located.
- Go to User Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, Start Menu and Taskbar and enable "Remove Games link from
- You can also apply the following to prevent the user from acces and hide the A, B , C and D drive from my Computer.
- Go to User Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, Windows Components/Windows Explorer. Now enable "Hide these
specified drives in My Computer" and Restrict A, B, C and D drives only. Also enable "Prevent access to
drives from My Computer" and Restrict A, B, C and D drives only.
Note: If the user is a administrator the policy will not be set.
- After this open the WDS console go to the "Client" tab, select "Enable unattended installation" and choose your created xml file for "ia64 architecture" and "x64 architecture". For ia64 change the XML.
- The user who start the installation, have to enter his credentials and to choose the uploaded Windows 8 image. You can also point to an image and provide the credentials in the XML.